Strategic Partners – Current Opportunities
Are you an investment manager that wants to gain AUM and new investment strategies through acquisition, adoption or subadvisory?
Many boutiques are better portfolio managers than marketers. They haven’t been able to build distribution organically or want to enter new markets. They are looking for strategic partners.
We have access to strong managers that want to have their mutual funds adopted, firms acquired, or strategies used in subadvisory by larger organization that can provide sales, marketing and other resources to propel growth.
Sampling of our asset managers looking for strategic partners:
- Niche fixed income – higher yields and more consistent returns – $600m AUM total firm and funds
- Small cap value – good performing mutual fund – $1.2b AUM total firm and fund
- Private credit, managed volatility, commercial mortgage loans – large institutional manager looking for subadvisory
- Tactical strategies using managed futures – boutique manager with a strong pedigree
- Global fixed income – $5b institutional firm looking for subadvisory
- World equity fund – small fund, good performance
- World equity fund – boutique fund, good performance
- Small and large cap international – boutique with a strong pedigree
- Investment research platform – uses artificial intelligence – looking for a strategic partner to launch funds using their research
We also work with a number of asset managers with strong distribution that are looking to partner with asset managers looking for strategic opportunities. Currently, they are looking for several types of niche strategies including short duration/high yield bonds, income oriented strategies and alternatives.
As part of our growth solutions for asset managers, Sondhelm Partners provides strategic partnership services to match buyers and sellers. We represent investment managers that want to provide sales resources and those that want to become subadvisors.
Select recent transactions we have facilitated:
- One large institutional manager sold three mutual funds to a firm with strong retail distribution to focus on their institutional business. They became the subadvisor to all three mutual funds.
- To focus on their wealth management business, one boutique manager sold their lone mutual fund to an experienced asset manager looking to start a mutual fund with a similar strategy.
- To focus on their institutional business, one boutique manager sold two mutual funds to a firm with retail distribution. They became the subadvisor to one fund and merged the second into the larger firm’s similar fund.
To learn about our available opportunities or for information about our strategic partnership services, schedule a free consultation.